Into 3 pints water mix
- 1 cup ammonium chloride (available from drugstore or chemical suppy house)
- 1/2 cup ammonium phosphate (available from a garden supply store)
Soak cloth well and let dry.
This preparation can be used for clothing, tents, awnings and other textiles.
(Important Note: Preparation will not make it impossible for wood to burn, just hard for the wood to catch fire.)
Into 2 quarts water, mix
- 1/2 cup zinc chloride (available from feed and grain dealer)
- 1/4 cup ferric chloride (available from chemical supply house)
- 3 tablespoons boric acid (available from drugstore) and
- 3 tablespoons ammonium phosphate (available from garden supply store)
Spray or brush on 2 or 3 coats.
This preparation can be used in buildings, for outdoor furniture, camping equipment,etc.
Into 1 gallon water mix
- 1 cup ammonium sulphate (available from garden supply store)
- 1/2 cup boric acid (available from drugstore) and
- 2 tablespoons borax (available from grocery or hardware store)
Mix well. Pour into a spray bottle. Spritz on tree and pour the remainder into the tree stand instead of in water.
KEEPING CHIMNEY FLUE FREE OF SOOT
Mix 1 cup salt with 1 cup zinc oxide powder (available at ceramic shop or drugstore) and sprinkle on hot fire. This will help keep the chimney flue clean.